Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Note on Recommended Readings

Hey Y'all,

So I know that as of now Recommended Readings is looking pretty white and hetero-centric as well as mostly sticking to Contemporary. I'm planning to change that soon, but for right now I'm having to read books that are similar to my own first novel so that I will have comp titles for when I begin querying in earnest (fingers crossed by the end of this month). Unfortunately, this time around I'm not venturing too far from home in those regards with the exception of a small LGBT subplot.

However, I've just started work on an historical F/F interracial romance novella with fantasy elements (that sounds snarky, but I swear it's 100% true). The story came to me organically, and it's practically jumping onto the page and I couldn't be more excited.

Also, I've recently finished Melissa Marr's first book in the Wicked Lovely series and it definitely makes the list I just have to post about it. I also have a fantasy trilogy lined up to read that I have a lot of faith in, and as soon as the query train starts I can start to branch out even more. So don't give up on me early readers. I'm aware of the homogeny so far, but I truly aim to fix it.

No comments:

Post a Comment